Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We are living in a golden age of radio.

I say that because we still have the genius of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue on our wireless sets. It is still the most brilliant radio on air, even taking the legendary Terry Wogan into account. A few years ago, just after Willie Rushton had died (still much missed because of the surreal nature he brought to the game), I genuinely thought it had jumped the shark, with Humphrey Lyttleton off colour and, well, I feared the worst. Thankfully, and not for the first or last time, I was wrong. On air at the moment, it still brings laughter, even from the memories - such as the complete quotes round which brings "Fools Rush In..." - "the minute McDonalds opens" and "If you want a thing doing well..." "Leave it in the microwave over the weekend".

If you haven't heard, you're missing out - plug in and play baby

1 Comments:

Anonymous Stu B said...

Something else, if you're in the mood for a good laugh, is 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me' (which may be modelled on ISIHAC, or the other way round) available through a 'listen again' service on their website:

http://www.npr.org/programs/waitwait/

A few months ago, one of my favourite shows, featured Adam West (of classic tv Batman fame) as a guest caller.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home